Get a Visa

Get The Visa You Need To Live, Work, Or Immigrate To Florida From The UK


How can we help you to live & work in the United States?

Help For Obtaining A Visa, Work Permit Or Green Card For Living In Florida

Located in Sarasota, Florida, our immigration attorneys represent international clients and businesses applying for visas, work permits, and 'Green Cards'. They are trained in U.S. Immigration matters and are competent to answer your questions and handle your immigration situation.

U.S. Immigration has two main categories: permanent residence visas (also called “immigrant visas” or “green cards”) and temporary residence visas (also called “nonimmigrant visas”).

Christopher Jaensch Immigration Attorney

Christopher Jaensch

Immigration Attorney



Get The Right Visa For Your Stay In Florida

Many clients prefer to be in the U.S. before or during a green card application.  Therefore, they first come to the U.S. on a temporary visa.  There are about 30 different kinds of temporary visas.  The most common temporary visas utilized are:

B-1/B-2 Visitor Visas, which permit a visitor to remain in the U.S. for up to six month (employment is not permitted).

E-2 Treaty Investor Visas, which permit investors from certain countries to invest a substantial amount of money and acquire a controlling interest in an active U.S. business.  The visa is issued for up to five years and is renewable.  The investor can work in his or her own business.  The spouse can qualify for an unrestricted temporary work card.  Children up to the age of 21 can accompany the parents and attend school, but cannot work.

L-1 Visas for Multinational Managers, Executives and Specialized Knowledge employees who are being transferred to the U.S. by a related international company.


Permanent Resident Visas (Green Cards)

Get A Green Card For Becoming  Florida Resident

A permanent resident visa, or green card, is normally what people want, because it permits PERMANENT residence in the U.S.  A person with a green card can generally live anywhere in the U.S. and can work for anyone without restriction.  

There are four main ways to get a green card:       

  1. Family sponsored green cards
  2. Employment based green cards
  3. Green card lottery (diversity green card), and
  4. Political Asylum.

We welcome the opportunity to chat about your move to Florida and advise you each step of the way. The GMTF team includes dedicated Realtors and business brokers. You can also review the types of available businesses here.